Task 2: Copy this essay in your blog and add connectors.
Causes and Effects of Uncontrolled Urbanization
If you are an urban dweller, you may know the real meaning of urbanization. 1. However, this does not always indicate your sufficient insight in the “uncontrolled urbanization” topic too. To form a causal chain, it is right to say that more jobs, more services in the urban side and absence of land in the countryside force people to migrate to larger cities which brings about uncontrolled urbanization. 2.Yet, some problems arise such as unemployment,inadequacy of infrastructure/services and some environmentally unwanted events as well as unpleasant demographic incidents.
3.After all, it is a good point to dig up the reasons for people to come to larger cities. First of all, by all accounts, cities are perceived to offer a wide variety of job opportunities on the grounds that there are very different branches of businesses in cities. Inasmuch as unemployment level is hugely high in the rural areas and the work is only about farming in contrast to countless business sectors in chief cities, more and more people choose searching for their chances in the metropolis.
4. Here it comes another significant reason: There are better services in cities. As a matter of fact, transportation is extremely developed so as to make use of time efficiently. Medical services are supported with the latest technological improvements, there are unbelievably modern hospitals. 5. In addition, education is taken into account seriously. There are very high-quality schools with excellent teachers, teaching with up-to-date techniques. None of these can be found in the rural areas, at this stage.
6. Between factors causing migration to big cities, there is a strong push factor stemming from absence of enough land. It would be very hard and useless to cultivate the land if it is too small to make an agricultural production. One important thing triggers this incident increasingly during the last years; namely, division of land. To explain, in the rural areas when someone dies, the inheritance would usually be the land. 7. Therefore, the land is divided into many parts due to the fact that in the countryside it is common to have lots of children and they all have rights to take one part of the inherited land. 8. But, what they get are useless small lands rather than a gigantic land which is capable of making a great deal of agricultural production itself. The inability to do the only thing, farming, again brings about migration to big cities with the hopes of making money.
As mentioned earlier, all these facts and figures necessitate uncontrolled urbanization, in the midst of the causal chain. 9. But, what are the side effects and drawbacks of this growth?
Fill in the blank spaces with connectors such as: whereas, but, although, however, despite
- Dave smokes … he seems to be in good health.
- I couldn’t sleep … I was tired.
- Kate never learnt Spanish … she lived in Spain many years.
- It was raining very heavily … they continued the match.
- Some people enjoy city life … others prefer the quiet of the country.
- … Jon won the race, he didn’t feel happy.
- She was very intelligent … she pretended not to understand.