Here is a lino that I made explaining all the chapters that we read, also I put five words that I didn’t understand.
Pato gave us 2 text that we have to read and make a summary of them.
What is postcolonial Literature?
- Postcolonial literature are novels, poetry, and drama which were written during and after colonization.
- Reclaiming spaces and places:
- To be colonized means that your colonizers would change you the way you lifestyle, your culture, traditions and your language.
- It is descried with narration, and dramatization.
- Asserting cultural integrity
- When the indigenous didn’t follow the rules of the colonizers, they were left out, suppressed and openly disparaged in favor of raising preferences and social and cultural conventions of the colonizers.
- Postcolonial literature seeks to assert the richness and validity of indigenous cultures.
- Revising history
- The colonizers tell what happened from the perspective of those
colonized and that was preoccupation of postcolonial writing
- They try to justified their actions.
- Resistant descriptions:
- They described with a lot of detail indigenous people, places, and practices to counteract or “resist” the stereotypes, inaccuracies, and generalizations.
- Appropriation of the colonizers’ language
- Postcolonial writers chose to write in colonizers language
- They invent new words to demostrate that they can handle the language, that was force on them
- Reworking colonial art-forms
- They remodel imported colonial art-forms to incorporate the style, structure, and themes.
- The postconialism is a style of writing in the post-modern that deals with the political and cultural independence of people.
- This type literature that has been showed to other societys changed the way of think in many things like the social, political, economic, and cultural.
- Once the leader left the countrie, this indipendent countries had to lead with a lot of issues.
- Then they had to restablish they identity so this post colonial writers try to do that to re establish all the thing, their language, their history and also they literature.
- MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSTCOLONIALISM:
- Interacting with the traditional colonial discourse Critical look at imperialism and its legacy Reclaiming the past, searching for cultural and personal identity Self-reflection Style often ironic Approach eclectic, political and egalitarian.