Today in our history class we watched a video and answer these questions. I did it with Martina Villafañe Ibarbia
1) War guilt.Explain the arguments FOR and AGAINST this term.
2) Which term followed War Guilt? How much would it be today? What consequences/impact did it have on Germany?
3) Why were the victors planning to prevent a future war with Germany in the Treaty?
4) What territorial losses did Germany have to face? What happened to the German colonies? What did Wilson dislike about this?
5) Which new nations were created after WW1?
1) FOR: Germany cause everything, thats why, the war started because of her. AGAINST: There were many other causes that led to War, like the murder in Sarajevo.
2) The term that followed War Guilt were the reparations that Germany, had to pay as she “is the cause of the War”. It would have been $600 billion in modern terms. The impact that had on Germany was an economic consequence, because she have to paid to the countries the resources used in war, so she end up without money. She had money, but not a lot. Also, Germany was humiliated because she had to pay everything, even 10 years later when the people had nothing to do
3) The treaty was signed because they want to prevent War with Germany, because they knew she will grow again and take revenge.
4) Germany, because of The Treaty of Versailles, lost Poland and Alsace-Lorraine. But also German colonies, in Africa, the Pacific and China, were given to the allies. Wilson wasn’t happy with the territorial distribution, that it was just giving it from one Empire to another as opposed to having self-determination.
5) The new nation created after WW1 were: Poland, Austria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Croatia, Bosnia and Slovenia.
Here is a PDF with the dialogues that me and my group, Milargos Mendez and Fefi Marty, did: TheParisPeaceConference.LANDOLFOMARTYMENDEZP
We record it on a voicethread.
My personal comment about the assignment to learn on the Big Three and their aims and objectives:
1) Did you feel you learnt more than if you had studied this from the book?
I think that, as I wrote it on a paper and then said it out loud, I memorize it faster than reading it from the book.
2) What did you personally enjoy about the project?
In my opinion, it was very funny because we starting imitating the Big Three and imaging us being them and speaking like them.
3) What would you change from this project if the class from Senior 1 next year were going to do it again?
I would change the app voicethread because I think that is a little bit difficult to use it.