* Raises blood sugar levels by stimulating the liver to change glycogen into glucose
* Causes fatty tissue to release fat into the blood
* Increases the heart rate
* Increases blood flow to the muscles
* Reduces blood flow to the skin and the intestines
* Widens the bronchioles
* Dilates the pupils
It can be
– Under stress
– Under pressure
– In response of a vigorous sudden action
2. Flow chart:
When there is too little water in the body:
– Urine becomes less in volume and more concentrated.
When there is too much water in the body.
– Pituitary (production of ADH will stop)
– kidneys will not save much water
– Urine becomes dilute and of greater volume
– Level of water in the blood then begins to fall towards the ideal level.